Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!

Our baby turned 3 today. Happy Birthday, Li'l B!!!

God has such a great sense of humor. I have to honestly admit Farmboy and I were looking upon adopting a 2 yr old with a hint of trepidation. Seriously, when we first learned of our little dear, we had to double check with our case worker about the age, hoping we were mistaken, and she was actually almost 3, rather than almost 2 at the time. I know, I know, lots of people LOVE that age. The younger the better, stuff like that. Uh, not so much for us. We are so much more drawn to a bit older, just connect so much more easily to older children. Hey, with our first adoption, we specifically requested age 3 or older. But, we KNEW she was to be a part of our family and trusted that God would help us parent our little 2 yr old. Hmmmm, is that why God made this whole thing take so dang long? Yes, I am being a bit trite. There has been a massive amount of aching and longing for her as we waited and waited....and SHE HAD TO LIVE OVER A YEAR WITHOUT HER PARENTS. Heartbreaking. But, I also see a glimpse of His best. Of course, yet again, God knew what He was doing all along.

Well, sweetie, happy 3rd birthday!

11 comments:

Jen said...

Love it when He reveals his sense of humor and irony. Happy birthday Little B! Praying that this year is filled with love, peace and joy:)

Kimberly said...

I am so happy for you! Happy Birthday Little B! What and exciting third year it will be. I emailed you several months ago about how moved I was by your committment and love for God and family. We have adopted from China and starting the process to adopt from Ethiopia as well. I have been keeping myself updated on the adoption of this sweet girl and so happy that she is almost home. She is absolutely adorable. Blessings to you and your entire family.

mama becca said...

aw sweet :).
we love you all!
becca

Paula said...

Oh, happy birthday indeed! I'm so happy and excited for you to be bringing your little one home soon!

Sarah and Davis said...

So fun! We love our little three year old - Lil' B's Ethiopian playmate! Can't wait to see her home!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday little one!
Cute story...we are with you on 3 and up...it just works for us..te he

coffeemom said...

Happy happy bday little B! Soon enough she's gonna be in your arms! Can't wait!!!! Love M

Rahel said...

Our little one just celebrated her 3rd birthday as well! We are like you guys; not so much mourning loss of the diaper phase, but feeling sad that we missed out on her last year of life (like you guys we knew we would be adopting HER since 9/08. May our court dates come quickly, no?

pat2006 said...

Congratulations! Your newest daughter is such a cutie! You were so helpful to me when I decided that I wanted to adopt an older toddler vs. an another infant. Our recently adopted almost 3 year old son is such a joy and his transition has been amazingly smooth. Thanks for giving me the courage to move forward with adopting an "older" child.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday to your sweetie!!! I watched The Princess Bride last night and thought of you all.

Wolfemom said...

Glad to know we can always trust that God's timing is always perfect! Happy 3rd birthday little B!!