Friday, February 27, 2009

One year ago.....


Our first glimpse of our children.

So, it has been one year since we first laid eyes on our children's faces. I can still remember what a rush of feelings coursed through my body as we viewed their sweet faces on our computer screen.



These two have come SO FAR out of their shells since they first came into our family. And the crazy thing is that we thought they were pretty far out of their shells from the get go. That just means they fit REALLY well in our family, able to be super silly and LOUD.




Jambo is one big snuggle bug. At first, he would allow us to hold him and snuggle with him, but now he snuggles back FULLY, wrapping his arms around us and burrowing his head into our necks. It is so awesome to see how God has allowed this little guy to love us so completely.



Kume was somewhat skiddish at first, and quite tentative and cautious. Those characteristics are rarely seen anymore. Instead, she prefers to boss her brother around, bring him to tears with her relentless teasing, and tattle to anyone who will listen (yes, we are working on this).

February 27 will always hold a very special place in my heart.

14 comments:

HollyMarie said...

wow, a year since referral already! Your kids are so adorable; glad to hear they are a perfect fit for your family. It'll be interesting to see how littlest sister fits in as well. :)

Laurel said...

Congrats!

We met our children on Feb. 4, last year. What a year it has been!


Blessings,

Laurel :)

Lori Inman said...

What a beautiful family you are! Congrats on one year.

Jen said...

Wow. A whole year. They are beautiful and thriving!

Paula said...

They are so beautiful! I can't wait to be in your shoes, looking back on a year with our twins. Oh, and the tattling... it's a girl thing. This I learned in my years coaching gymnastics to girls in the 4-10 age range!

coffeemom said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!! The pics are priceless and seeing the changes, well, that too!!! I hope you get to celebrate, such a special day and memory and clearly, they are doing so well...and so are you! And so will your next sweet one, soon soon soon. PRaying for speed! Love M

Denise Bryant said...

A year does fly by, doesn't it? They look so happy and I'm glad they're doing really well. :)

mama becca said...

yay!
such a great post :).
i've been thinking about how we passed court almost a year ago... a month to go. What a crazy couple of days... and then, we were on a plane with YOU! Such great memories :)
becca

Shelly Roberts said...

I remember this so well!!! Rejoicing with you in God's goodness.

Lori S said...

The referral picture brought tears to my eyes. Your twins and my girls were living together then. So much has happened in one short yet looong year! (o:
It is amazing to see how far they have come! Enjoy this wonderful anniversary!

Amber said...

Sounds like they are adjusting well. I keep checking your blog to get an update on lil B.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

WOW! Where does the times go?!?!?! It's so great to see your family thriving and doing so well. I look forward to the newest addition!
Blessings,
Kristy

Laurel said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, about Reverse Racism.

I just posted an update on my Racism post, with a link to a post I wrote last summer that gives all of the details about the Reverse Racism that our family has encountered. I would encourage you to not only read last summer's post, but to read the comments for that post. Some of my readers had some good pieces of advice.

Blessings,

Laurel

Annie said...

Happy Referral Day! What beautiful children :)