Thursday, March 26, 2009

God pursues us

Okay, so I read lots of books to the twins. We have a ton at home, and we go to the library every Monday to get a boatload (or at least a heavy armload) more. We read in the morning, often during the day and always at bedtime. They have had the opportunity to read lots of great stuff.

So, recently, they have begged I read these two bible story books. One is a children's board book about the Easter story, and the other is a devotional that teaches the truths about God. After I do a couple of the "truths", Kume says, "Read more because I loooooove this book" (insert lots of Kume's emphasis). So I read more and more. These books are average as far as great children's books go, but they adore them.

This morning, I woke up to my alarm, with the 2 books on my bedside table. I glanced at the books and it hit me. God is pursuing them. That is why they want to read these again and again. They are drawn to the truth. It resonates with them. It makes sense. They don't have all the different walls adults put up that keep them from embracing the truth. They accept it as children, because they were created to want this story, understand this truth.

How cool is that?

15 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Extremely cool!

coffeemom said...

It's just too cool. And I think it is true. You're all in my thoughts and prayers....love M

Jen said...

really cool. Great perspective. Thinking about you guys.

Robin said...

Very cool.....I see the same in my kids. It's amazing how uninhibited they are about God's truth. It's so totally awesome...I pray everyday that their passion for the Lord holds firm.

Laurel said...

So true. I wrote a post a week or so ago about "Don't Simplify the Gospel". Our kids want Truth. Our kids need Truth.

Even if the books aren't the best "literature" ... the Truth is always the best.


Laurel :)

Nikki said...

Beautiful post. My son asked to read the exact same scripture from a Bible story book for months on end. It was his favorite! Love the post and loved the one on parent's attachment. Good stuff!

Annie said...

BEAUTIFUL...wish I always had that childlike faith and desire.

Paula said...

Yep, that's cool. :)

mama becca said...

I need a healthy dose of twin faith :).
sooooo great!

Lori S said...

THAT is really cool!
I love reading to my kids too, but lately I find my eyes closing...zzzz!
I am now inspired to read more and incorporate more biblical stories into their lives!

Jenn said...

That is incredibly cool! And what a blessing to notice that too.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Grace is the SAME way! You would think that we are punishing her when bedtime is too late, and we don't have time for devotional. I was just discussing this the other day. She is hungry....spritually hungry! What a blessed thing!
Blessings,
Kristy

StaceyM980 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Like a previous commenter, I was googling "God pursues us" and found your blog. I'm not sure how to even express what I felt in my heart when I saw your families picture. I am the mother of two wonderful adopted children and I thought my quiver was full, but lately I feel like maybe we are to adopt again...this time an older child. It seems no matter where I turn I see something that tugs at my heart again. While I didn't find a particular verse, I guess I did find yet again a way in which God pursues us with His call.
Donna
www.anotherbattlewon.blogspot.com

Donna said...

As an English teacher, I cannot allow my previous typo to go uncorrected! That should read "family's", not "families." There, I feel better now. :)
Donna
www.anotherbattlewon.blogspot.com