Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ANOTHER SNOW DAY

This makes 5 snow days this year. One more and we will have to add on school into summer. Yuck!!!

OK, I actually like snow days. It gives us a chance to sleep in (but not this morning -- I couldn't fall back to sleep, thus, the post). I usually get in the mood to make some sort of yummy treat like cookies or brownies. The kids are always THRILLED. We often go to lunch, and although I know, I know, the food is horrendous for us, I usually treat them to my favorite fast food restaurant -- McDonald's. You truly can't beat their fries.

But it throws everything off:

Mondays aren't good because I love my prayer time at church and my walk with my dear friend Amy.

Tuesdays aren't good because I have such a great group of women to do bible study with.

Wednesdays aren't good because I work third shift Tuesday night and really need to sleep on Wednesdays.

Thursdays aren't good because I have got to get some errands done.

Now Fridays might work. Unless I am meeting Laura for coffee, or MJ and Marla for lunch. I guess I have to check my schedule and get back with our Snowmaker.

I am going to get flack from Farmboy for this post. Honey, I really am busy doing all sorts of important things for our family, this is just a great season until our newest children arrive.


Speaking of that, no news on the adoption front. I did cave yesterday and emailed Natalie hoping for a crumb of news. She just encouraged us to hang in there and that there were still sibling group "possibilities". Hope those possibilities turn into my children.


For all you homeschooling moms -- I salute you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always liked snow days when my kids were young but sometimes it did make for a change in plans. Thanks for the update on the adoption situation. Will continue to pray for your family and our 2 grandchildren wherever they are. We had a great time with all of you Friday. Didn't know "Hide the thimball" would be such a hit.
Love, Mom

atHisrighthand said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like we are both in the wait stage of the game.. Only I know the wait you are in is so tough. We are also asking for a sib group of two. How fun! Well here's to no more snow days this year, we are under out 5th too. blah.. At least my boys are getting along and their sister is out and about..
Well take care and hope to hear good news of a referral soon!
Elise

graceling said...

We didn't have snow days, but we did have "ice days" this year. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you yesterday. Glad your snow day was good. I enjoyed mine with the power of God! We all just relaxed and enjoyed the day. Lets do lunch soon.
Carrie

Jillienne said...

I just wanted to pop in and let you know how much we appreciate your kind words and thoughts!

As far as snow days go I love them, when it doesn't mess up my plans! :)

mama becca said...

HA! You are too funny. Thanks for your comment. I'd love to HUG you for understanding. No punches from me :).
becca (still laughing... see, maybe this is what I needed today!)

graceling said...

Can I just tell you houw much it made me giggle to get a comment from Farmboy and Buttercup:)