Friday, December 28, 2007

Let Milo open the door... to your heart



Christmas has come and hurried past. It's amazing how it builds up and then just flies past so quickly. We had an awesome Christmas holiday with our extended families. We spent the Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa D's, then followed it up on Christmas day afternoon at Buttercup's parents. The gifts were great but as we get older it is the time together that we cherish most.


Soon to be a Christmas tradition, we watched "It's a Wonderful Life" Sunday night before bed... coming up the stairs & looking outside to find the BLIZZARD had arrived.


If this won't get you ready for Christmas... (Dec 23rd 10pm):


Some of the "goodies" at the family exchange:


Who the heck is Milo?


Something funny came up at the L's gathering as we dove into some delicious Sara Lee desserts. My sweet Buttercup chimed, "Nobody DOESN'T like Sara Lee" ... the sister-in-law & I chuckled at her faux pas & bantered back... boasting... "It's nobody does IT like Sara Lee" ~ "What?, no it's not,... oh my word!" ~back and forth~ you get the picture... In the moments that followed I touted, "I guarantee it's "Nobody does it like Sara Lee!" Well, let me tell you the box says it all... and I was wrong. So now my sweet Buttercup can roll her eyes at me once again... as you wish.


That brings me back to some of the funnier mis-statements we chuckled at from the past. ...like the Flashdance song "Take your pants down and make it happen" (wonder why Mom didn't allow that song in the house) or another favorite by Pete Townshend "Let Milo open the door, Let Milo open the door, Let Milo open the door ... to your heart.


Here are some more Christmas photos

Christmas at the L's:



Z-girl cranks out Rudolph for the D's:

Lazy Days ahead


We had a great walk today (Dec 28th). After having gone a solid 2 days doing close to nothing, we ventured off to the Blandford Nature Center north of Standale. If you have not had the chance to ever get there, it's a real treat. I knew we were in for a good hike when the snow started flying and we were the only car in the park.



Self-timed photo at the Blandford Nature Center:

The girls loving this day:

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I love your secret names! The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies. Thanks for the encouragement, I need it.

Jen said...

I never read the older (before referral) posts...so now with our referral coming, I have been curious about some of my favorite families pre-adoption. We love It's A Wonderful Life and have watched it every year. It actually paid off for Andrew. There was a bonus question on an exam about the movie :)