Saturday, January 19, 2008

FUNNY!!!

OK, I realized I just posted today, but this is hilarious and had to share. Those of you on your own adoption journey, you will especially understand. Thanks, Denise, for passing this one on.

Enjoy---

Adoption by Accident Author: Unknown

Have you ever noticed that you hear all the time about "accidental" pregnancies, but never about couples who experience "accidental" adoptions? Can you imagine:

- --Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.
- --What is it?
- --Well, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I went out to the mailbox today and ... well, we got an I-171H.
- --A what?!? An I-171H? As in, we're going to have another baby?!?
- --It looks that way.
- --But how? We've been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn't you hide our homestudy update?
- --Of course I did. But don't forget, there was that one night ...
- --What night? (Pauses) Oh, that night. But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn't print clearly. I didn't even use ink! (Pauses again) But it was kind of fun.
- --(Giggles) it was, wasn't it? I'll never forget how cute you looked getting your fingerprints.
- --So now we've got our I-171H, eh? But that doesn't always mean you'll adopt, does it? I mean, shouldn't you see the agency or something, make sure everything's okay?
- --I already did.
- --And?
- --I'm five documents along.
- --Five documents! And they're all notarized, certified and authenticated okay?
- --Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn't see the notary's middle initial, but it showed up just fine under the magnifying glass.
- --Thank God. And you honey? Are you feeling okay?
- --I'm feeling fine. As long as I know you're happy about this.
- --Happy? I'm thrilled! It's always a shock at first when something like this happens, but of course I'm happy!

9 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

You're welcome! It IS super funny. I enjoyed reading the mohawk story, too!

Tara said...

Hahaha! So funny, loved it! And I needed a little cheering up. I am not always as selfish as I sounded on my last post...but it sure is amazing to have people like you right beside us, going through this with us! Fun times right?! :)

familyinflux said...

Very cute! Thank you for leaving a message on our blog. I look forward to following yours. The wait can be hard, but I am learning patience!
Dauray

~Laura~ said...

Too funny! Thanks for sharing! :)

Natalie Fournet said...

soooo funny!!!thanks for sharing! Natalie

Anonymous said...

That is really funny! And I love the skater dude pics :)

Shelly Roberts said...

You really need to add a new post .... I get kinda bored reading the same thing when I check on NEWS of your children!!!!! :) Thinking of you as you wait, my dear. Right there with ya!! Blessings, Shelly

pat2006 said...

Funny post! I'm enjoying your blog. Best luck with the wait.

Pat

Laurel said...

Great post! Too funny!

We have 10 bio. kids (several of which were "accidents). And, we just brought home 3 from Ghana ... who took a LOT more work than the other 10, to get them here.

blessings,

Laurel